Laser Dentistry can be a precise and effective way to perform many dental procedures.
Benefits of Laser Dentistry:
- Procedures performed using soft tissue dental lasers may not require stitches.
- Certain procedures do not require anesthesia
- Minimizes bleeding because the high energy blood vessels, thus inhibiting blood loss.
- Bacterial infection are minimized because the high-energy beam fertilizes the area being worked on.
- Damage to surrounding tissue is minimized
- Wounds heal faster and tissue can be generated.
Types of Lazer:
- Hard Tissue Lazers: Used to cut into bone & teeth with extreme precision.
- Soft Tissue Lazers: Used in periodontal treatment it allows tissues to heal faster.
The Future of Dental Lasers:
Dentists may use dental lasers during a professional dental cleaning to remove bacteria eventually dental lasers could make it possible for dentists to access any part of a tooth, replacing the need for the traditional dental drill. This may help to relieve the fear and anxiety, many people experience when they go to the dentist.
Using the latest technology, laser dentistry involves specialized instruments that produce intense concentrated beams of light. This focused heat energy can aid in various types of dental procedures, often reducing bleeding, pain, and swelling.